Paul Laird - EA
   Enrolled Agent

(925) 759-8339


While we recommend that you use a professional to prepare your tax return, we realize that some will still wish to file
online themselves in order to save some money.

For those who wish to do that, we have provided a link for FREE online filing of our 1040-EZ at the bottom of this page.

You’ll file your Federal AND State return for FREE if you have a simple tax situation. Millions of taxpayers qualify for a free return.

Other forms are available at a low fee.    

 Upon clicking on the link below, I understand that I will leave the website and will be redirected to another company’s website.

Any fees that you may incur will be paid directly to the linked company and NOT to Paul Laird, EA.

Since this is a service of another company, Paul Laird EA  provides NO service, NO follow-up, NO counsel, and NO advice related to taxes prepared through the online filing process.  If you should need these items, Paul Laird EA, will make them available for a separate and additional consulting fee.

The fee structure for filing online using the linked company’s online filing system is as follows:

This company has fees that may go up as the tax season progresses

Generally, this includes:

  • Single or married
  • No children or dependents
  • Taxable income less than $100,000
  • Claiming the standard deduction
  • W2 wages, salaries, unemployment income, or taxable interest under$1,500
  • Taxable scholarships, fellowship grants, tips, or Alaska Permanent
  • Fund dividends
  • Earned Income Credit

You’ll pay $24.95 if your life is a bit more complicated. You know – kids, investments, child care, college, home ownership. Generally, this includes:

  • Children and other dependents
  • Investment or retirement income
  • Family size, child care and education tax breaks
  • Itemized deductions, such as real estate and property taxes, state income taxes, charitable donations, mortgage interest, and medical expenses
  • Tax credit for retirement savings
  • Deductions for educator expenses, moving expenses, alimony paid and IRAs

Add your state return for $19.95

You’ll pay $44.95 if you’re self-employed, such as a freelancer or contractor, or have other less common forms of income.

Generally, this includes:

  • Self-employment income and related business deductions
  • Taxable income over $100,000
  • Rental or Farming income
  • Partner or Shareholder income issued on Schedule K-1
  • Beneficiary income issued from an estate or trust on Schedule K-1
  • Unreported tips
  • All other less common income sources, credits and deductions

Add your state return for $24.95